Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flowers for Algernon

If you were given the choice to have an operation that would make you much smarter, would you do it, especially if you knew the effects of the surgery would only be temporarily? Why or why not? Use examples from the story.

If I were given a chance to have an operation that would make me smarter for temporarily I would not do it. First of all, I knew the effect that it would be just temporary so when I get smart then it would be cool but then I wouldn't know when I will be back to my real intelligentl. So the thing is that when I'm smart it would be really good but then when I get back to normal it would feel different and I would feel dumb. Do you ever want that to happen to you? Once you know the things you know then you become smart and know everything and then you start to forget everything only the things you already know. That would feel weird and you will feel dumb and you wouldn't have the same confidence you had before when you know things. When I said confidence it's by mean that for example you're a student and you're good and you understand things and you know to answer things and then you become smart then the same again you would feel dumb and wouldn't have the same confidence to answer things. Because you will think you're wrong and you feel dumb then it would be harder you will feel dumber than before.

Another example why I wouldn't do the operation is I wouldn't risk being myself right now to be smart then feel the same then feel a little dumber. I wouldn't risk being smart if I don't know what would happen, I know it's temporary but what if the operation was wrong? Let's say you want to be smart to know everything and try to experiment yourself to be permanently smart, what if it goes wrong and you became dumber or not know anything, I wouldn't risk my intelligence to be smart and try to be like that, I would rather be the same. I wouldn't try to experiment myself if I wouldn't know what will happen next or what else will happen.

That's why I wouldn't do the operation, because I don't want to risk my intelligence and be dumber. Or even risk my life what if it goes wron and kill me? I wouldn't do the the operation if I had the choice.

10 comments:

  1. good job.....nice!

    but in the 2nd paragraph when you said that, ur not going to risk ur life expirementing in a thing you dont know wat will happen next, but if your a genius u will know what will happen next...=|

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job bernie. i lke your response. <3 :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it...the way you put examles andin detail

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're wrong michael what if something goes wrong, accident! Everything you think and plan is not always what's going to happen, ok michael? hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. look bernie in the world of super duper genius, accident dont happen no more cuz they are called super duper genius..........WAHHHHHHH

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahahaha yes it what about boy genius jimmy neutron! he's super duper genius but he gets accident so yeah everything you expect to happen will not always happen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. jimmy is not super duper genius bcuz if he is his not going to fail no matter what.... maybe jimmy is just a genius not a super duper!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha what's the differnce with your super duper! haha

    ReplyDelete